What does the NSCDA offer you?
When you join the NSCDA, you become part of a community with hundreds of members, opening the doors to unique networking opportunities and professional growth.
As a member, you will meet others in the career development field, have the chance to discuss ideas, ask advice, and engage on social media. You can share your expertise and expand your skill set by volunteering on committees, writing for the newsletter, and participating in the many professional development activities sponsored by the NSCDA.
One of the best ways to expand your network is by attending the NSCDA conference. This annual event is attended by almost 300 and growing every year. As a member, you receive a discount on conference registration fees.
The NSCDA is your link to provincial and national associations, including the Canadian Council of Career Development (CCCD), the Career Development Foundation, other bodies, stakeholders, and funders. The NSCDA serves as a voice for its members and keeps you well-informed about what’s happening in the field. We stay connected through our website, special events, social media, and our newsletter.
Professional development opportunities are also included in the many tools offered by the NSCDA to make you exceptional in your career. You can access seminars, training sessions and more through our online learning system: HUB. NSCDA members receive training at a discounted price.
Opportunities for Career Growth:
Become a leader in the field by becoming a Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP). With the CCDP designation, you’ll standout to both employers and clients by demonstrating that you practice to a very high standard and have gone through a rigorous process to prove it. Learn more about becoming a CCDP.
Benefits of membership
- Receive a discount on fees to attend the NSCDA’s Annual Conference
- Access the HUB for certification and professional training opportunities
- Keep up with current trends affecting career development from a national / provincial / local perspective
- Participate in regular opportunities for ongoing career development and lifelong learning
- Demonstrate your commitment to the profession
- Receive discounts on learning opportunities offered through the association
- Benefit from government relations / advocacy
- Take part in networking opportunities through NSCDA-sponsored events
- Take advantage of leadership opportunities by joining the NSCDA Board of Directors or committees
- Discounts from sponsors and supporting organizations
Our membership base includes:
- Social Workers
- Business and Labour Representatives
- Employment Support Workers
- Employment Counsellors
- Job Search Coaches
- Occupational Therapists
- Private Career Practitioners
- Teachers Instructing Career Development Classes
- School Counsellors
- Human Resources Staff
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Career Development Specialists
- Youth Workers
- Disability Workers
- Managers of Career Development Delivery Services