Benefits of Membership
Annual membership runs from September 1 to August 31.
The NSCDA is the centre of Nova Scotia’s professional career development community, with more than 600 members. Your membership will open doors to unique networking opportunities and professional growth. You’ll meet people working in all areas of the career development field, have the chance to discuss ideas, ask advice, and engage on social media.
For twenty years the NSCDA has been hosting this highly anticipated event. Continued growth has brought our delegate numbers to almost 300. It is the only conference for career development professionals in Nova Scotia and attracts world-class speakers from across Canada and the USA.
Unique Professional Development Opportunities
Our unique, curated training programs are designed to help you achieve excellence in your career. You can access seminars, training programs and more through our online learning system, the HUB.
Members can also take advantage of:
- live-training sessions
- instructor-led sessions online that are monitored and assess your performance
Our online training programs are:
- developed specifically for the NSCDA by industry experts
- available in both official languages (French versions to be completed by the end of 2018)
- JAWS compatible
When you join the NSCDA you will be added to our mailing list and will receive:
- early or exclusive industry job postings
- information about discounts on training sessions and national conferences
- notifications about free webinars
- invitations to in-house events
- special offers from sponsors
Be a leader by becoming a Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCPD® / PCDCMD). With the CCPD® / PCDCMD designation, you’ll stand out to both employers and clients by demonstrating that you practice to a very high standard and have gone through a rigorous process to prove it.
Because we recognize that individuals come to the field of career development through many paths, we have developed a recognition of prior learning (RPL) competency-based certification model. So no matter what brought you to career development, it’s your knowledge and experience that matters, regardless of education.
Specialized Training in French and English
Professional development doesn’t stop at certification. We also offer Case Management Specialization, the Mental Health Champions program, and will soon introduce specialized training in:
- Employability skills
- Employer engagement
- Working with our aging population
- Supervisory leadership
NSCDA Group Benefits Program
The NSCDA Group Benefits Program is open to:
- groups that are employed through one of our member organizations
- independent members who are not employed at one of our member organizations
The NSCDA is your link to provincial and national associations, including the Canadian Council of Career Development (CCCD), the Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF), and numerous other bodies, stakeholders, and funders. We serve as a voice for our members and keep you well informed about what is happening on a national level. We stay connected through our website, special events, social media, and newsletter.
Centre for Employment Innovation
The NSCDA has a close partnership with the Nova Scotia Centre for Employment Innovation (CEI), part of the Extension Department at St. Francis Xavier (StFX) University. CEI works to bring people and knowledge together to strengthen the quality and effectiveness of employment services across the province.
Our membership base includes
- Social Workers
- Business and Labour Representatives
- Employment Support Workers
- Employment Counsellors
- Job Search Coaches
- Occupational Therapists
- Private Career Practitioners
- Teachers Instructing Career Development Classes
- School Counsellors
- Human Resources Staff
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Career Development Specialists
- Youth Workers
- Disability Workers
- Managers of Career Development Delivery Services